WELCOME BACK CVA FAMILIES!
I hope you and your families are enjoying the summer break! Our team at CVA has been working hard all summer to get things ready for what we anticipate to be a great 2022-2023 school year.
We are excited by the opportunity to develop a productive partnership with parents, now more than ever, to ensure student safety and academic achievement. We are looking forward to this partnership with you to ensure that CVA’s students/children can unlock and achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As teammates in this partnership, we share the responsibility for your children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she/they:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all at home assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
We have a lot of events scheduled to kick off the start of the 22-23 school year all throughout this newsletter. Please take a few minutes and read through all that has been gathered for your benefit.
On behalf of the staff and myself at CVA, I am excited to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year!
Michele D. Saller