Plastic Soda Bottle Planters
Craft project made from recycled materials.
These soda bottle animal planters are totally adorable and very simple to make. Glass paint is recommended to ensure it doesn’t flake off the plastic, but if you are not worried about keeping these planters long term then give normal acrylic paint a try.
SODA BOTTLE PLANTER SUPPLIES
- Paint – for best results, use a paint for glass or other non-poreous surfaces.
- Adhesive Remover
1. The first step is to clean the bottles thoroughly and remove the labels and adhesives.
2. After the bottle was clean and dry, draw the ear shapes and cut the perimeter.
3. Cut holes in the bottom with a knife to allow for excess water to drip out, you can also make a self-watering soda bottle planter.
A ruler makes it easy to create a straight cut around the edge.
4. Then, paint two coats of paint, letting dry between coats, and drew the faces on.