Carbon Valley Academy does not discriminate in student admissions or enrollment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, disability, need for special education, English-language-learner status, genetic information, other status protected by federal, state or local law, or relationship to a person with a protected status.
Complaints or concerns under this policy may be reported to the school via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org 303-774-9555, 4040 Coriolis Way, Frederick, CO 80504.
Enrollment is first come, first serve, however:
- Students currently enrolled at Carbon Valley Academy along with siblings of children already enrolled will have priority for the next year’s enrollment.
- For students entering kindergarten, priority will be given to those currently enrolled in CVA preschool as long as their application is received by January 6, 2019.
Enrollment is governed by the following rules:
- Prior to being offered a position, a parent must attend an orientation meeting, complete a registration form and agree to abide by CVA’s policies.
- All students will be placed on an ‘order drawn’ list that will become the wait list for openings through the year.
- CVA will abide by Colorado Statutes regarding open enrollment.
- C.R.S. 22-1-115 School census-school age
- C.R.S. 22-32-119 Kindergarten
- C.R.S. 22-54-103 (10)(a)(IV) Definitions – repeal
Early Kindergarten Enrollment Policy
- According to Colorado state law for public schools (HB 02-1349), students must be five years old by October 1st for kindergarten in order for the school to receive funding for that student for kindergarten AND the following year of first grade.
- Children who are five years old by October 1st will be given priority over those who are not of age, and if there is no waiting list for kindergarten, Carbon Valley Academy’s Board of Directors may let children whose birthdays are after October 1st (“late birthday child(ren)”) enroll in kindergarten if the procedures below are followed.
- Late birthday children must first be assessed by the St. Vrain Valley School District’s gifted and talented department in order to determine if they are intellectually and socially prepared for early entry. Please visit the St. Vrain Valley School District website for more information. If your child does not qualify through the district’s testing, you may still request that Carbon Valley Academy test your child. http://www.svvsd.org/about/departments/gifted-talented
- Contact Michele Saller, CVA’s Principal, to arrange a date for testing.
- A final decision for early enrollment is entirely up to the discretion of Carbon Valley Academy’s Board of Directors.